Many laboratory and industrial processes require a constant flow of gas to be delivered, and this is normally supplied from pressurised cylinders containing gas in liquid phase. If the level of liquid reduces fast, frosting can occur on the surface of the cylinder and flow rates can be adversely affected. Our gentle and insulated heating solutions can prevent this phenomenon and restore stability to the flow rate. This is particularly important when using calibration gases where repeatability is vital. Note that separate over-pressure safety systems should always be in place to meet health and safety requirements.
We offer two ranges of Flexible Heating Jacket for gas cylinders: Standard and HiHeat.
The Standard range
- Ideal for gently heating, will typically maintain materials around 95°F (35°C).
- Polyurethane coated black nylon is used on both sides of the jacket (inner and outer) to ensure maximum wear resistance.
- Fixed internal thermostat: 122°F (50°C).
The HiHeat range
- Provides a boost in power for applications needing a faster heat-rate up to approximately 140-158°F (60-70°C).
- Fitted with 32-194°F (0-90°C) adjustable thermostat.
- Black nylon fabric for the outer layer.
- High-temperature silicone-coated glass-cloth inner layer.
We can design jackets for most cylinder sizes, with our standard HJNA/G and HHNA/G being popular sizes normally available for immediate delivery.